Nvidia November Earnings Report
Nvidia ($NVDA) Earnings Are Out!
Here's a breakdown of everything you need to know following their Q3 report.
I start posting at 6AM on Monday and don't stop until 8PM on Friday. My free recap of the week goes out every Saturday ... I spend all day every day looking at the news, so you don't have to.
You can always see the moves I make and what individual stocks I own on my Savvy Trader Portfolio.
📰 Headline Numbers
Nvidia released its earnings press release at 4 p.m. EST, sending the stock down by about 2% just five minutes later.
- EPS of $0.58, missing expectations of $0.70
- Revenue of $5.93 billion, beating expectations of $5.8 billion
- ADJ Gross Margin of 56.1%, missing expectations of 64.9%
Nvidia's $NVDA Q3 Revenue
Q3 2007: $1.1B
Q3 2008: $898M
Q3 2009: $903M
Q3 2010: $844M
Q3 2011: $1.1B
Q3 2012: $1.2B
Q3 2013: $1.1B
Q3 2014: $1.2B
Q3 2015: $1.3B
Q3 2016: $2B
Q3 2017: $2.6B
Q3 2018: $3.2B
Q3 2019: $3B
Q3 2020: $4.7B
Q3 2021: $7.1B
Q3 2022: $5.9B
— Bullish Rippers (@BullishRippers)
Nov 16, 2022
🔮 Forward Guide
Q4 Revenue of $6B +/- 2%, in line with expectations of $6.09 billion
📊 Nvidia by the Numbers
- Data center revenue of $3.83 billion, beating expectations of $3.79 billion
- Gaming Revenue of $1.57 billion, beating expectations of $1.32 billion
☎️ Earnings Call
Nvidia's earnings call starts at 5PM ET, you can watch for yourself here!
Check back later, I will add some headlines from the call
- 4:45 p.m. EST: Nvidia is up about 2% in after-hours heading into the earnings call
- 5: 12 p.m. EST: Nvidia says gaming demand is solid in the North American region and weaker in the Asia-Pacific region.
- 5: 29 p.m. EST: Nvidia says it believes channel inventories are on track to approach normal levels exiting Q4.
- 6:26 p.m. EST: Nvidia says don't expect to see blockchain being an important part of their business down the road.
Nvidia maintained its quarterly dividend of $0.04 per share.